POSITION: Records Clerk
LOCATION: New York, NY
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Base salary from $45,000 plus paid overtime, bonus, Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, vacation and sick/personal days, paid holidays, 401K, and much more.
SUMMARY: Law Firm seeking a Records Clerk to join the New York office. Assist in enhancing attorney effectiveness by providing records management support.
- Create, maintain, and update records and files, both electronic and paper format.
- Answer queries about records and files
- Transfer inactive files to and from storage according to file maintenance guidelines
- Find and retrieve information from files in response to requests from authorized users
- Gather materials to be filed from departments and employees
- Track materials removed from files to ensure that borrowed materials are returned
- Provide assistance to Office Services
- Work with FileSurf or similar records management software.
- Manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- 6+ months of experience working in a records assistant capacity
- Experience with LegalKey software
- Ability to read and understand information presented in written form
- Ability to arrange materials in a pattern of numbers, letters or words
- Knowledge of file and recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within law field
- Knowledge of standard office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of specialized recordkeeping software
- Excellent communication skills
TO APPLY: If your experience meets the requirements of this position, please submit your resume in Word format